NOTE: IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, OR NEED TO REPORT A CRIME IN PROGRESS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE. PLEASE DIAL 911.
You may not use this site to report Stolen vehicles. You may not use this site to report any type of Traffic Accident or Hit & Run. You may not use this site to report any incident(s) where evidence may need to be collected. You may not use this site to report Runaways and/or Missing Persons (These reports require a signature in-person).
Crimes you may report online:
- Aggressive Driving
- Fraud / Identity Theft -- A person knowingly obtains, possesses, or uses identifying information of another person, living or dead, with the intent to represent themselves as the other person for the purposes of making financial or credit transactions, or to gain anything of value, benefit, or advantage, or for the purpose of avoiding legal consequences
- Harassing/Annoying Phone Calls
- Larceny (Stolen Property)
- Littering/Illegal Dumping
- Lost Property
- Police Service -- Courtesy reports of a non-criminal nature
- Vandalism -- Intentional damage to personal or real property
To add items or information to an existing police report, please use the Contact link at the top of the page.
Reports filed electronically and reports filed by phone are processed in the same manner. After the Winston-Salem Police Department receives the report, a representative will contact you during normal business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday) to verify your request. Please note that there could be a delay of up to 72 hours before the WSPD responds.
Making a false report to law enforcement agencies and officers is a crime. See N.C.G.S. 14-225. The WSPD will seek prosecution of anyone who violates this law by filing a false, misleading, or unfounded report through this website.